Creating an Account
The first thing you'll need in order to create and edit pages is an account. You can make one by clicking "Log in / create account" at the top-right of the page.
So, now that you're registered, how can you help us out?
- Find new content.
- Document information that isn't on the wiki yet.
- Investigate oddities.
- Turn article stubs into full-fledged articles.
- Improve existing pages.
- Add images.
- Replace existing files with better-quality versions.
- Identify files or articles that need to be renamed.
- Fix broken links.
- Decipher text in other languages.
- Help out with miscellaneous tasks.
Disputes and Edit Wars
This is a community-based wiki. No one owns the rights to any page. Other people, both admins and regular users, will occasionally adjust an article for issues such as accuracy, clarity, grammar, spelling, and formatting.
That being said, sometimes users might make an edit that is clearly wrong. This includes edits that make the text of a page ambiguous or misleading, or remove technical details. In this scenario, you should take the following steps:
- Undo the changes.
- Leave a note regarding the issue in the article's revision summary.
- The revision summary is the single line of text underneath the main edit box.
- Be polite! If someone's being unreasonable, don't stoop to their level.
If you have problems with another user, refrain from contacting them directly. Instead, take your issue to the admins by leaving a civil message on their talk pages describing the problem. If you're not sure how to do this, check out the User Talk Pages section for more details.
Admin Talk Pages:
Always be polite and avoid escalating the situation.