What is a Sub-Page?
If you want to start work on an article, but you aren't ready for other people to edit it, you can put it on a subpage in your user space. Pages in your user space will not be edited by others. You can move your article onto the main part of the wiki and open it to contributions when you feel ready.
- Please note that user spaces are not meant to be a sub-wiki for content that falls outside of the wiki's scope. Please only create sub-pages that you fully intend to move to the main space.
Creating a Sub-Page
Let's say that you want to start an article for object_oA2, but don't want to put it on the main part of the wiki just yet. Here's how to put in on a Sub-Page within your user space:
- Visit https://wiki.cloudmodding.com/oot/Special:MyPage/ARTICLE_NAME
- Click the "create" tab at the top of the page to start editing.
- For editing help, visit Help:Contents.
Moving a Sub-Page
When you are ready to move your article to the main part of the wiki and open it to contributions, follow these instructions:
- Go to your Sub-Page.
- Click the "move" tab at the top of the page. You will see a page that looks like this.
- In the box where it says "To new title:", the text should read "User:USERNAME/ARTICLE NAME".
- Delete the "User:USERNAME/" portion of this text, so only "ARTICLE NAME" remains.
- Example: User:GlitterBerri/object_oA2 -> object_oA2
- Add a reason for why you're moving the page.
The page will now appear on on the main part of the wiki, at https://wiki.cloudmodding.com/oot/Object_oA2.