The Debug Rom is a prototype build of Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. It's release has brought about an incredible wealth of knowledge to the Ocarina of Time modding community. The Cutting Room Floor contains a lot of information on different features of the Debug Rom.
Emulating the Debug Rom
- Load the rom in Project 64
- When it starts to run, Go to Options -> Settings -> ROM Settings
- Set the following:
CPU CORE STYLE RECOMPILER SELF-MODIFYING CODE METHOD CHECK MEMORY ADVANCE MEMORY SIZE 8MB ADVANCED BLOCK LINKING DEFAULT DEFAULT SAVE TYPE USE FIRST USED COUNTER FACTOR 2 LARGE COMPILE BUFFER NO USE TLB NO REGISTER CACHING YES DELAY SI INTERRUPT NO SP HACK NO RSP AUDIO SIGNAL NO
- After all this is done, reset the game, if it does not show up, press generate bitmap, then reset the game again.
- IF done correctly, you should see the correct graphics, if not see, Trouble with Video. If you do not have any sound, see Trouble with Sound
- Set memory size to 8MB
- Use any other plugin than the default
There are probably more steps involved.
- Set expansion pack to 8 mb if not by default
- Set Framebuffer textures on
- If you have v1.2 use rice video to avoid texture mapping and z-buffer glitches.
- If rom crashes after the second load screen or doesn't stop loading after 35 seconds, recopy the rom to the /wii64/roms/ directory on your SD card
Q: I don't see any video but I hear sound!
A: Change your plugin.
Q: During game, I hear some sorta annoying sound that keeps popping up
A: Go to Sound Options -> Sync Sound to game (or w/e)
Q: I don't hear sound but I have video!
A: Try switching your sound options around